Festival Guide: Algarve
The party is gonna be HUGE in 2022. See you on the beach!
This summer, the Algarve hosts 3 massive music festivals on the beach at Praia da Rocha, in Portimão.
Secret Project Portugal - 17th to 19th June
Afro Nation - 1st to 3rd July
Rolling Loud Portugal - 6th to 8th July
To make the most of your festival fun in the Algarve, click on the links and images below for tips on parties, nightlife, restaurants, the best beaches and fun activities.
Click the image above to find great restaurants in Portimão, Praia da Rocha and Alvor, everything from chic beachside restaurants to typical Portuguese taverns.
Click the image to see some of the fun nightlife spots in the area, to enjoy cocktails at sunset and late-night fun.
- or check out the Best of Algarve Nightlife
Click above to find fabulous boat trips along the amazing coast, departing from Portimão. Discover how to visit the famous Benagil cave, enjoy sunset boat parties, or search for dolphins in the wild!
Click above to discover the best activities in the area, from off-road adventures to sky-diving!
- or find fun things to do across the Algarve
Click above for practical advice on what ATMs to use, what the rules are about wearing masks, on Covid test and vaccines cert, what to do about tipping and where to shop.
- Download a guide to the best Portimão beaches
- Find out more about Praia da Rocha beach
- Find out more about Alvor beach
- Download a guide to Walking Trails in the area
- Find out more about Portimão
- Find out more about Praia da Rocha
- Find out more about Alvor
Click the image to find out about car hire, transport from the airport, taxis and rideshare apps.
Find out about public transport, including airport routes and Tourist Passes with unlimited travel.
Click above for information on private healthcare in the Portimão area.
There is both private and public healthcare available in Portugal.
Public healthcare is available to all EU citizens. it is also available to UK citizens with an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card).
- See the Gov.uk information on healthcare for British tourists in Portugal.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out:
- 22 things to do in the Algarve in 2022
- Unusual things to do in the Algarve
- Best beaches to escape the crowds
Main image: Diogo Pereira / Mai Magazine