What you need to know about tax in Portugal
If you are moving to Portugal, own or plan to buy property there, you need to know about Portuguese tax. Find out about NHR - non-habitual tax, tax free pensions, capital gains and more.
To the uninitiated, and for many Algarve expats, the obligations and opportunities of tax in Portugal can be confusing. There is expert advice available that can ensure that whether you are planning to retire to the Algarve, set up business here or just spend part of the year here, you can do so in the most tax-efficient and legal way possible.
Recently, many people have opted to move to Portugal, particularly to the Algarve, to enjoy not only the fabulous lifestyle, but also the very attractive tax incentives. The NHR - Non-Habitual Resident tax regime makes it possible for foreign pensions to be received tax free in Portugal. There are also other foreign generated incomes that receive significant tax breaks.
Expert advice is essential to ensure all obligations are met and all opportunites are seized.
Follow the links below for information from Algarve tax and financial services consultancies on a range of topics.
NHR - Non-Habitual Resident tax scheme
Captial Gains Tax
- All you need to know about Capital Gains Tax in Portugal by All Finance Matters
Setting up Business in Portugal
- Step by step guide to starting a business in Portugal by All Finance Matters
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Making the Move to the Algarve
- Top 10 Reasons to Retire to the Algarve
- Financial Services in the Algarve
- Brexit: British Nationals living in Portugal
- Portugal is the world's Leading Destination 2017
- Setting up a Holiday Home in Portugal
- Top Tips for Buying and Selling Algarve Property