My Guide Website?
Eastern Portugal: Day Trip to Faro, Olhão, Tavira, & more64 Reviews
Discover Portugal’s charming east side on this day trip. Explore bustling Faro, browse the traditional markets of Olhão, see Roman Tavira, and the authentic village of Villa Real de Sto- Antonio.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Immerse yourself in the unique culture of Eastern Portugal on this day trip
- Explore the historic center of Faro and get to know the Algarve's capital
- Shop for local products in the traditional markets in the fishing town of Olhão
- Pause for lunch among the cobbled streets and charming churches of Tavira
- Visit the picturesque ocean settings of Cacela Velha and Vila Real St. António
DescriptionTake a full-day trip around the best of the east of Portugal. Benefit from pickup from your hotel, transportation around the historic sights, and take time to immerse yourself in the unique atmosphere. Begin your day with convenient pickup before heading to Faro. Admire the capital of the Algarve as you tour the historic 13th-century city center. Next, move on to the Moorish fishing town of Olhão. Stroll around its bustling streets or shop for local products in its traditional markets. Continue your tour to Tavirna. Explore a town of cobbled streets, picturesque churches, and visit its Roman Bridge. Climb up to its castle and photograph the views from its observation point. Take advantage of some free time for lunch in one of its many restaurants (own expense). Conclude your tour with stops at Villa Real de Sto- Antonio and Cacel Velha. Discover a village where the Ria Formosa meets the Atlantic Ocean. Finally, head back on the bus for the return journey and drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesBus tour Visit to Faro Visit to Olhão Visit to Tavira Visit to Cacela Velha Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour includes free time for lunch in Tavirna (own expense)