SUP - Stand Up Paddle in Lagos
Explore Ponta de Piedade and the gorgeous caves on a SUP tour from LagosSUP or Stand Up Paddle is a great way to explore the beautiful coastline at Ponta da Piedade near Lagos, Algarve. Join a SUP tour for a fun few hours at sea.
SUP, short for Stand-Up Paddle, is a relatively new sport that is super popular worldwide. It's perfect for paddling around lakes and lagoons (the Ria Formosa is perfect for this) or you can do it in the sea and surf some waves.
We asked our friends and experts at Seabookings.com what's one of the best ways to discover Ponta da Piedade and they recommend a SUP tour from Lagos. Here's why.
1. Learn a fun sportLuckily, SUP is super easy to learn! You stand up straight or on your knees on one of the big and stable boards. By using a paddle, you move around in the water. Easy right?
Of course, our experienced guides will teach you all you need to know about SUP! Once you know the basics, just grab your board and hit the sea! You will see how easy it is and for sure youâll love doing SUP in Lagos!
So thatâs one of the reasons why SUP is the best way to discover Ponta da Piedade: you get to learn a easy and super fun sport, that you can also do in other places.
2. Do something sporty during your holidaysThe second reason why SUP is the best way to discover Ponta da Piedade is a tick in the plus column for all the active travellers: You get to stay fit while doing some sightseeing!
SUP is a nice sport because you use many different muscles. During the SUP Tour in Lagos you train your legs, arms, shoulders and even your core! Awesome, right? Itâs pretty much a full-body-workout, in the most beautiful setting - the sea! But, you don't have to be a SUP ninja - anyone can learn to SUP and it doesn't require special strenght or skill to master.
Do the tour in the morning and you will be energised for the rest of the day. You can relax without feeling guilty about tucking into delicious portuguese food or enjoying some wine - after all you started the day doing sports!
3. See Ponta da Piedade from up closeIf you join us on a SUP Tour in Lagos, you will get as close to the impressive caves and grottos of Ponta da Piedade as possible! A SUP Tour in Lagos is as much, if not even more fun than a boat trip because you can paddle inside some of the caves and through some of the impressive natural arches of Ponta da Piedade.
During the SUP Tour in Lagos, you can see the stunning rock formations that are so characteristic for the south coast of Portugal from up close! Your experienced guide knows the best way to explore the famous caves and grottos of the area.
Thatâs why SUP is the best way to discover Ponta da Piedade: you get so close to the Ponta da Piedade and all the little caves and grottos surrounding it.
4. Take home some fun photos of a great experienceDuring your SUP Tour in Lagos, our guide will take beautiful photos of you in front of the amazing and unique landscape. After the tour, weâll send you the photos for free!
And we can assure you that the photos taken in this surrounding are always beautiful. The blue waters in the stunning light early in the morning or in the afternoon make for some amazing colors. This way you will always have something to remember it by and to share it with your friends!
5. A lot of fun with new friendsOne of the most convincing reasons why SUP is the best way to discover Ponta da Piedade is that you will have a whole lot of fun during the tour! We always go out in small groups with nice people! Maybe you can go out for breakfast afterwards with your new friends. Our fun and super friendly guides will also make sure you all have loads of fun during the tour!
Find out more or book your spot on the SUP Tour in Lagos.
You might also like: