My Guide Website?
From Portimão:Dolphin Watch & Lagos Coastline with Biologist
Venture into the Atlantic Ocean in search for wild Dolphins in their natural habitat and admire the beauty of Lagos Coastline and Ponta da Piedade headland with a multilingual and experienced team!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Algarve: Jeep Safari with Distillery Visit & Lunch
- Albufeira: Off-road Quad Bike Adventure
- Albufeira: MiniGolf Adventure Park Entry Ticket
- From Faro: 4 Stops, 3 Islands in Ria Formosa Catamaran Tour
- Portimão: Pirate Ship Cave Cruise
- Experience unforgettable moments with wild dolphins in their natural habitat
- Spot incredible seabirds & other marine species & learn from a biologist guide
- Learn about the history and geology of Lagos region from our multilingual guide
- Witness the beauty of Ponta da Piedade, Lagos Coastline & awe-inspired beaches
- Enjoy swimming in the blue sea and crystalline water at a tranquil bay (Summer)
DescriptionEnjoy 2h30 of a unique boat tour that combines two experiences in one: responsible dolphin watching and seeing the Lagos coastline and the famous Ponta da Piedade headland. On the way back, and if sea conditions are favourable, enjoy a stop for swimming. Departing from Portimão you will navigate into the open sea in search of wild dolphins then towards the West to Ponta da Piedade headland. Count on a captain with many years of experience and biologists who share a profound love for nature and marine life. As education plays a vital role in conservation, count on valuable information about the marine animals, their behaviour, and the marine environment. The most sighted species of Dolphins are: **Common Dolphin** (*Delphinus delphis*) - Conservation Status: Near Threatened* **Bottlenose Dolphin** (*Tursiops truncatus*) - Conservation Status: Least Concern* (*Red List of Mammals of Continental Portugal, 2022) Algarve waters teem with biodiversity, and therefore other marine species such as seabirds and jellyfish will also be spotted. (Sharks, whales, and turtles are very rare, so we don't even mention them!) Be ready for a marine adventure and be open to an unpredictable, and unique experience: The magic of observing dolphins and other marine creatures in their natural environment is thrilling and indescribable. But it is important to understand that these encounters are with unpredictable wild animals that roam freely in their natural habitat, the Atlantic Ocean. They cannot be summoned or controlled. Also, sea conditions, weather, and other natural factors can affect visibility and the likelihood of sightings. Sometimes, dolphins may be farther away, less active, or unsocial. With great team effort and experience, we have a 98% success rate in finding them. Then you will have the opportunity to learn about Ponta da Piedade, translated to 'Point of Pity', particularly famous for high cliffs and intricate rock formations that have been sculpted by erosion over time. It is a natural wonder that holds a valuable set of historical, scenic and geological heritage and has a lighthouse that adds to its charm. Admire the beauty of the coastline of Lagos, characterized by a mix of rugged cliffs, sandy coves, clear turquoise waters, sea arches and marvellous beaches. The golden cliffs contrast beautifully with the deep blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean, creating a breathtaking and photogenic landscape. On the way back to Portimão, and if sea and weather conditions are favourable, we stop at a beautiful and tranquil bay for you to enjoy the landscape, socialize and swim in the crystalline waters of the Algarve!
IncludesFree car park at the meeting point WC Toilet at the boarding gate Tour guide - English, Portuguese, Spanish and French speaking Safety briefing Experienced captain Life jackets Insurance Bottled water Biologist on board Dolphin search Ponta da Piedade and Lagos Coastline
- Tour conditioned by the state of the sea & the restrictions imposed by the Port Captain of Portimão on the same day, with no possibility of advance prediction. If safety conditions are not assured, the tour will be cancelled & rescheduled, or a full refund provided. We are fully licensed (AOC/27/2023) and trained for a responsible Cetaceans observation. We follow local legislation & code of conduct to ensure that our activity has the least possible impact, preserving the well-being of dolphins and the integrity of the ecosystem. Wild dolphin can't be summoned or controlled in nature, but we have 98% success rate in sightings. Pet Friendly - Our mascot comes on board on most tours. If you have any objections, or want to bring a pet, please contact us. We have a brand-new typical rescue boat adapted for tourism with exceptional safety conditions, being unsinkable due to its air chambers. With capacity for 20 people, we limit it to only 16 to ensure a more family-friendly environment.