My Guide Website?
Algarve: Private 2-Day Tour from Lisbon
Discover the highlights of the Algarve in southern Portugal on this 2-day tour from Lisbon. Admire the stunning landscapes and rock formations, and learn about the history of the discoveries of Portugal. Visit historical towns, markets, and much more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Algarve: Jeep Safari with Distillery Visit & Lunch
- Catamaran Cruise: Caves and Coastline to Benagil
- Faro: Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip
- Loulé: TechSalt’s Rock-Salt Mine Tour
- Olhão: 4-Hour Ria Formosa Islands Tour
- Drive through cork oak and holm oak forests to the Algarve
- Visit the Church of St. Anthony in Lagos
- Enjoy the pristine nature of the region
- Explore Santa Luzia, a picturesque fishing village on the lagoon
- See the beautiful rock formations of the Algarve
DescriptionBegin your tour with a drive to the Algarve through the plains of the Alentejo, through cork oak and holm oak forests. Alentejo is the granary of Portugal, the province of storks and grand estates, and a region where you can still enjoy the unspoiled nature. Afterwards you will reach the historical town of Lagos, where we will start a orientation tour and see the infamous slave market. The town of Lagos is also strongly linked with the history of the Portuguese discoveries. Continue on to the beautiful rock formations of the Algarve at Ponta da Piedade as well as Sagres and Cape Saint Vincent, the westernmost point of mainland Europe. Sagres was the starting point of the discoveries of Portugal. Here you can enjoy the stunning scenery before continuing on to Faro or Albufeira, where you will check in to your hotel. The second day focuses on the east of the Algarve. After breakfast, you will drive to the market of Olhão, which is located near the lagoon of Faro. It is a nature reserve, a paradise for storks and other migratory birds, and is known for sea salt production and the shellfish industry. At the market in Olhão, you can get an overview of what the agriculture of this region has to offer and see the abundance of fish from the Algarvian sea. You will then head on to Santa Luzia, a picturesque fishing village on the lagoon which is famous for squid fishing. Afterwards you will cross the lagoon on a small train before reaching the secluded beach of Barril. This beach offers a unique experience. The drive continues on to the historical town of Tavira, where you will explore the old town by foot. Tavira is an old trading center and port situated on the Gilão River and the lagoon. Afterwards you will return to Lisbon.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Acommodation and meals of the Official driver/guide Vehicle fees, toll fees, and parking fees Insurance coverage for personal injury of passengers Free Wi-Fi in the vehicle Mineral water
- Due to the rush hour traffic in Lisbon departures after 08:30h are not accepted for this tour since it will affect the normal flow of the visits. 5 or 7 seater vehicle
- Fully air-conditioned
- Tinted windows
- Free Wi-Fi in the vehicle This is an exclusive tour with a personal tour guide/driver. Additional participants will not join the tour. The program is just a suggestion. All trips and tours can be customized to suit your interests. The market of Olhão closes on Monday. Due to new restrictions the visit to the rock formations of Ponta da Piedade at Lagos involves about 2km/1,3miles approx. of walking. Cancellation policy: Up to 7 days before the tour: Free Up to 48 hours before the tour: 50% refund Up to 24 hours before the tour or no-shows: no refund