My Guide Website?
Faro: Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip
Ilha do Farol https://www.myguidealgarve.com/events/faro-deserta-island-and-farol-island-catamaran-boat-trip
Faro: Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip Make Enquiry
- Experience the Ria Formosa - one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal
- Cruise gently on a comfortable catamaran
- Visit the Deserta Island
- Explore the Farol Island
DescriptionWhen you’re in Portugal make sure to experience this exciting catamaran boat to Deserta and Farol islands that will take you through the spectacular nature of the Ria Formosa. Come see why this region was elected one of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal. Depart from the Marina of Faro sailing slowly through the channels of the Ria Formosa to fully enjoy the beautiful landscape. Along the tour you will see birds like the Grey Heron, the White Stork and many other birds that use this area as a feeding habitat. As you approach the islands and beaches you see the lighthouse of Culatra Island where you make our first stop. Looking around, one can observe the hard work of the people in the oyster and clam farms. A closer look towards the coastline and you will notice the market of the city of Olhão - an important fishing town. And off toward the ocean you can glimpse one of the most important sea entrances of the Ria Formosa. The next stop is Farol Island. Here, you can enjoy a walk around the streets of this small but friendly community. When passing by the lighthouse, go on until the very end to admire an extensive beach of fine white sand washed by calm warm waters. Leave the Farol Island and make your second stop at Deserta Island. This island is also known as Barreta Island. Here lies the most southern point of Portugal - the Santa Maria Cape. In this second stop you can choose to explore the fauna and flora of the island by an easy walk or simply enjoy the sunshine and bathe in the clear waters of the beach.
Includes3-hour catamaran boat trip (includes a stop of 1 hour in Farol and up to 30 minutes in Deserta) Life vests Local guide Live commentary on board
- The duration of this tour includes a stop of 1 hour in Farol and 20 to 30 minutes in Deserta
- It is recommended to bring: (1) Comfortable clothing and footwear (2) Hat, sunscreen during spring and summer (3) Waterproof clothing for tours during autumn and winter (4) Bathing suit, towel for tours during spring and summer (5) Water
- Note: the schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control
- The tour with a 06:00 PM departure will end at sunset
- Food and drinks will not be provided
- Tips (optional) and personal expenses are not included in the price