My Guide Website?
Monchique Resort & Spa
Natural wellness with altitude at the Algarve's highest resort
While the coastline is sand and summer crowds, Monchique is fresh air, the sounds of nature and green filled views that sweep down to the ocean. The Monchique resort offers all the creature comforts the modern traveller could want, in a setting of timeless and rejuvenating natural beauty. The resort has 190 spacious suites, each with balcony or terrace, most with amazing views across the countryside. Natural light streams in through the panoramic windows, bringing the outside in, and helping guests reconnect with the green and gentle nature of Monchique.
There are several great restaurant options within the resort ranging from healthy and delicious breakfast buffets to the family friendly pizzaria and dinner buffet serving international cusine, as well as the resort's fine dining restaurant where local produce and fresh seafood are the stars. Under the direction of Chef Luis Batalha, Restaurant Mon Chic offers modern, mediterranean cuisine wtih local flavour. An accomplished artist in oils, the beauty and delicousness of the chef's dishes are prefectly complemented by the vast views from the restaurant terrace.
The aptly named Sensorial Spa at Monchique Resort is quite unique. Local springs in the area, at Caldas de Monchique, provide water that has a ph of 9.5. The high alkaline profile is said to have many health and rejuvenating benefits (and locals have been getting their drinking water from the springs for years). At the Sensorial Spa, treatments include locally made Monchique Cosmetics products, so you benefit from the natural bounties of the spring water. Allied with luxury brand ESPA and with 8 treament rooms, a Himalayan salt wall sauna, an ice chamber, aroma grotto, hydro pool and more, the spa is an indulgent, replenishing retreat from urban living.
Should you wish for a change of pace from relaxing by the pool or being pampered at the Spa, there is a host of activities to entertain. Aside from the resort Fitness Gym and pools, you can join wellness classes such as Pilates, fit ball, zumba, stretching. There are numerous walking and cycling trails in the area to explore. Take time out to explore Caldas de Monchique or head to the highest point in the Algarve, Foia. If the beach is calling, the south coast is just a 20 minute drive way. Or, be adventureous and travel across the hills to the Costa Vicentina, the west coast, for some beach discoveries.
Monchique Resort & Spa
- 190 spacious suites, each 40m2, with a large living room, bedroom and two bathrooms (bath and a walk-in shower). All suites have furnished terrace or balconies.
- Family Suites that can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. They also come with a fully equipped kitchenette, a bathroom and a separate shower room.
- Sensorial Spa with ESPA and Monchique Cosmetics products. The adult only spa features:
- Indoor pool with hydro massages
- Eight treatment rooms
- Himalayan salt wall sauna
- Sensorial showers
- Ice chamber
- Aroma grotto
- 2 pools - Cascata, located in the spa level with its own pool bar serving light meals and beverages; and Agua, located by the Family Suites area and also featuring its own bar.
- Kids Club - on request
- Food and Drink
- Mercado Culinário for buffet style international cusines
- Mon Chic - fine dining restaurant
- Pizzaria da Serra - family style italian restaurant
- Mezzanine Bar - cocktail bar
- Cascata Bar - day time food and drinks by the pool