My Guide Website?
An international gallery with outstanding European art
Set in the Algarve countryside, between Boliqueime and Paderne, the gallery is housed in an old “quinta” whose original structure has not been altered. The thick walls house several rooms on different levels, with intriguing nooks and recesses to explore. Walking into the gallery is like stepping into a painting, a magical world of colour and craftmanship, grace and textures.
Integral to the charming atmosphere at Côrte-Real are the owners. The farmhouse-turned-gallery has been in Pedro Côrte-Real's family for generations. Along with Michael Roberts, an art director in Paris for many years, what was once a family home is now an exceptional place to appreciate and buy art in the Algarve.
At Côrte-Real, everything is about the art. The appreciation and affection that Michael and Pedro have for the works they display is in keeping with their aim to only exhibit what they would gladly have in their own home and maintains the exceptional standard of the pieces at the gallery. Each item is hand-picked, with art, sculptures, ceramics and homeware created by artists from around the world. The gallery may be located deep in the Algarve countryside, but its art knows no borders.
As stepping into the gallery is like entering a different world, it is fitting that the journey to the gallery takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the coast, into the tranquil countryside, each curve uncluttering your views as if in preparation for the visual joy that awaits.
- To reach the gallery, from Paderne or Boliqueime, follow the gallery signs along the route (red and yellow signs for “Galeria”) – they will take you right to the door. From Boliqueime, stay on the N270 until you turn right onto the M1176. Google maps will tell you to turn beforehand, but this is not the correct route.
- There are both large, statement pieces and smaller, intimate items of art at the gallery. Art lovers can choose their favourite pieces which can be shipped internationally or grace their homes in Portugal.
- Keep up to date with the latest art at Côrte-Real Gallery by signing up for their newsletter and reading their blog. Click the website button above.
- The gallery is open Thursday to Sunday, from 11:30h to 16:30h.
- Enjoy a coffee or refreshing drink in the garden patio during your visit.
- Moderately Priced
Best For Whom
- All Ages
Best For What
- Off The Beaten Path