My Guide Website?
Cross-border tax advice, financial planning, pensions and estate planning in Portugal
If you’re a UK national living in or planning to move to Portugal, it’s important to review your financial planning. This should look at how your income and assets will be taxed and effective tax planning solutions, and how your estate planning, investment strategies and pensions can work most favourably for you and your new life as an expat in the Algarve. With personalised financial advice from Blevins Franks, you can make the most of what you have while keeping up with the complex tax rules in both Portugal and the UK.
Blevins Franks has had an office in Portugal for over 25 years. It has 10 advisors living locally who are qualified to at least Diploma (QCA Level 4) level. Behind this local advisory service lies a substantial company with over 250 staff committed to meeting their clients' needs. This includes several teams of highly skilled specialists who keep up to date with changes to taxation, estate planning, UK pensions, financial regulations, investment and currency markets.
Portugal offers some very attractive tax benefits for UK expats, not least of which is the Non-Habitual Residency programme, which can essentially allow you to receive some foreign income tax free, or at a beneficial fixed rate. It is Blevins Franks' experience that many UK nationals can save money in tax by moving to Portugal. And they are on hand to guide you through the process to ensure that you have the best financial outcome. For some insights, download the free Blevins Franks Guide to Taxes in Portugal.
Blevins Franks has a series of free-to-download guides covering topics such as D7 visa guide; your pension in Europe, Portugal Tax guide and Golden Visa guide.
- See and download the Blevins Franks Guides
Blevins Franks also specialise in cross-border estate planning to help ensure the reconciliation of your wishes with the current legislation in both the UK and Portugal. Investment strategies can also be created specifically for you, to match your risk profile and objectives and to put your money to work efficiently for you.
Blevins Franks offers a wealth of knowledge, insight and experience that they use to your advantage. They can help ensure a strong financial foundation for a relaxed and secure retirement in the sunny Algarve. The company also has offices in Cascais, near Lisbon, as well as in Spain, France, Cyprus, Malta and the UK.
Blevins Franks - Services
- Tax Advice and Planning
- Estate Planning
Blevins Franks Cascais office is located at Rua Armando Villar, 42 r/c esq, 2750-777 Cascais, Portugal .Tel. +351 214 819 999
Articles by Blevins Franks
- Are you liable for UK tax? Check the UK Tax Residence Tests
- Tax on UK Pensions in Portugal - what you need to know
- A Guide to Non-Habitual Residency tax scheme
- An introduction to taxes in Portugal
- How to tax-efficiently move to Portugal
- UK Inheritance Tax - What expats need to know
- Preparing your finances for the unexpected
- Looking after your financial wellbeing
- Tax free Pension Transfers - is time running out?
- Will UK assets invite a bigger tax bill after Brexit?
- Estate Planning in Portugal - what you need to know
- Brexit: UK banks withdrawing services for expats
- How to future-proof your finances
- Estate Planning - 3 mistake to avoid
- Four key changes for UK nationals in Portugal, post Brexit.
- Think Local: Financial Planning post Brexit
- Beyond Residency - smart financial planning
- Making your money last your retirement: 5 questions to ask
- How safe are your savings - are they protected?
- 6 things to know about property and taxes in Portugal
- How to retire to Portugal with financial peace of mind
- How much Capital Gains tax will you pay?
- When is your tax freedom day?
- UK-based financial services - post-Brexit considerations
- The Cost of Living Longer - are you prepared?
2023 Tax in Portugal Guide now available
Download the free Blevins Franks:
Blevins Franks Guide to Visas and Residency in Portugal, post-Brexit
Will your family be hit by UK inheritance tax? Click below to find out more
- Moderately Priced
Best For Whom
- Business Travellers