My Guide Website?
From Portimão: Arade River Boat Tour to Silves Medieval Town13 Reviews
Discover the beauty and tranquility of the Arade River on a journey full of history between Portimão and the medieval town of Silves. Escape the crowds and enjoy a unique and revitalizing experience.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the wonderful Arade river & hop off at the medieval city of Silves
- Learn about the history of the Arade River and region from a multilingual guide
- Discover the feeling of calm that the river conveys and enjoy birdwatching
- Enjoy swimming in the brackish waters of the river with unforgettable landscapes
- Appreciate the beauty of untouched Nature and take awesome pictures
DescriptionRelax in a serene atmosphere surrounded by natural beauty of the riverbanks on a 3-hour river boat tour from Portimão to the charming medieval town of Silves. Hop off in Silves to visit the town before returning to Portimão. The river tour is perfect for those looking to escape the crowds and discover the hidden treasures of the Algarve. Ideal for couples, bachelorette parties, birthday parties, company events, relaxing trips, families or anyone who wants a different, comfortable, calm and fun boat trip. Departing from Portimão, we'll head up the river to the charming medieval town of Silves, the first capital of the Algarve. As we pass through verdant landscapes and picturesque farms, our experienced guide will share with you the history of the Arade River and the culture of the region, showing you famous places and historical landmarks. As we approach Silves we will sail with the tide, which allows us to go with a very quiet engine. As we glide along the calm waters, you will have the opportunity to discover the feeling of calm that the river conveys, while we leave the hustle and bustle of Portimão behind. Upon arrival in Silves, and if the favourable conditions are met, you can hop off to explore the city before returning to Portimão. On the way back to Portimão relax in a serene atmosphere surrounded by the natural beauty of the riverbanks while sipping on something refreshing. If you wish, we can even play your favourite playlist on our speaker. During the summer months, and if favourable maritime and weather conditions are met, we can stop for those who want to jump in and swim in the brackish waters of the river. And, if it is a sunset tour you will have the privilege of seeing the sun setting several times across the hills! You Know that the estuary of the river Arade is an area of great interest for birdwatching, and this tour is excellent for observing birds such as: Flamingo (Phoenicopterus roseus), White Stork (Ciconia ciconia), Cormorant White-faced Egret (Phalacrocorax carbo), Little Egret (Egretta garzetta), Great Gray Heron (Ardea cinérea), Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis), Black-winged Screech (Larus ridibundos), Stilt (Himantopus himantopus), Sandpiper (Calidris alpina), among others. If you are looking for a more intimate and exclusive environment, you can book the tour as private. Limited to a maximum of 14 people and includes bottle of champagne. Try to swap the blue of the sea and the gold of the cliffs for the green of the hills and the silence of the river, on a tour that promises to be magical.
IncludesFree car park by the meeting point Relaxed boat tour from Portimão to Silves Town and back Tour Guide - English, Portuguese, Spanish and French speaking Experienced Captain Life jackets Insurance Bottled Water Hop off to visit Silves
- This tour can only be done on certain days of the month and at certain times due to tide restrictions - So the best conditions for a safe trip are ensured. We are Pet Friendly - if you want to bring your furry friend, or if you have reservations with dogs on board, please contact us. Our brand-new vessel is a typical rescue boat adapted for tourism with a capacity for 20 people that guarantees exceptional safety conditions, being unsinkable due to the air chambers that surround it. In order to provide a comfortable trip and a more relaxed and familiar environment, we limit public tours to only 16 passengers. We perform regular engine maintenance and service to minimize the impact of this activity on the environment.