My Guide Website?
Guided tour of a working rock salt mine, 230 metres underground. Descend into the earth beneath Loulé and follow the mysterious 1km walkway through the rock formations that are over 230 million years old. Includes a tour pack with a bottle of wine and Flor do Sal, plus access to the art exhibition by contemporary artist Klaus Zylla honouring Santa Barbara, the patron saint of miners.
In the town of Loulé, the rock salt mine sits 230 metres beneath the surface. This guided tour by Algarve Sensations gives you fascinating insights into the mine's activity and its role in the local community. Passionate about the Algarve, the guides share their love of the unique landscape, its traditions and secrets, geology and culture. In a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, they share so much insight during each tour, adding immeasurably to the whole experience.
ALGARVE MINE TOUR
- Tour duration - 3 hours
- Available - Monday to Friday
- Includes all safety equipment - helmet, flashlight and reflective vest
- Welcome pack including wine and Flor do Sal
- Transport available from Faro and Tavira in an air-conditioned mini-bus
- Price: €80 - €85 per person
- GO HERE TO BOOK DIRECTLY WITH YOUR GUIDE