My Guide Website?
Oceans of Fun in the Algarve
Use the Zoomarine app to check the daily programme and plan your day.
Zoomarine is the Algarve’s top attraction. A fabulous family marine theme park with dolphins and seals, pirate shows, water slides, wave pool, even a beach! One of the very best things to do in Algarve and the only place in Europe where you can interact with the dolphins in the pool.
Zoomarine is all about the natural world and the richness of marine life and oceans. There is a strong conservation and educational message delivered along with plenty of fun. Away from the spotlight, Zoomarine is very involved in the rescue and rehab of marine animals, as well as beach clean-ups and the annual Green Mountain event which plants thousands of trees each year in the Algarve countryside.
The big attractions at Zoomarine are the spectacular presentations.
- The Dolphins are perennial favourites, with a breath-taking demonstration of the dolphins' agility, intelligence and the special bond they have with their trainers.
- The Wonderful World presentation features seals and sea lions, sailors and lost treasure. This show gets lots of laughs from the audience and is definitely one that the kids will enjoy.
- The Enchanted Forest presentation with tropical birds is entertaining while at the same time promoting environmental awareness - always a priority at Zoomarine.
- The birds of prey presentation is dramatic and awe-inspiring, and allows you to get closer to these majestic creatures than you ever thought possible
- At Pirate Bay you can watch the acrobatic antics of the pirates fighting over treasure in a fun and lively show.
- and the 4D cinema show follows the adventures of a baby dolphin.
If all that isn´t enough, there are pools and water slides, a wave pool and white sand beach set in tropical gardens, as well as a childrens water play area. There are carrousels and a ferris wheel and plenty to keep everyone entertained. You can visit the Aquarium at Zoomarine and see several marine species and even get to feed the rays by hand.
New in 2023
Launch yourself into an exhilarating 178-metre water race! A serpentine aquatic novelty that represents one of the most beautiful birds of Latin America, the resplendent Quetzal. This refreshing adrenaline experience promises to liven up races with family and friends.
At Zoomarine, the presentations and exhibitions are educational and promote awareness of environmental and conservation issues. There is also a Rehabilitation Center, the Zoomarine Porto d'Abrigo, that carries out amazing work in rescuing and rehabilitating marine animals. Marine species that have washed up along the Portugal coastline in distress are treated here before, hopefully, being released back into their natural environment. Find out more about this other conservation and education work done by Zoomarine at Together We Protect.
For a once in a lifetime experience, there is also the opportunity to interact with the dolphins in the specially created pool and dolphin centre. This is located in a tranquil environment, hidden away from the main park and the programme includes an educational talk and the chance to take part in some of the basic training techniques in the water with the dolphins. This is a truly magical experience - the contact with the dolphins and the memories you take away are priceless.
Zoomarine has a free app to help you plan your day, find your way around the park and not miss a minute of fun. Available for Android and iOS.
Cashless payments at Zoomarine, using a chargeable, water-resistant wristband. Just charge it up on arrival and use throughout your visit. No need to worry about your cash or cards.
2 Day ticket – there is so much to do in one day that opting for the 2 day ticket makes sense. These tickets can only be bought at Zoomarine and can be used up to 10 days after your initial visit.
Online Promotions – check the Zoomarine website for online ticket discounts - there are usually great savings to be made.
Zoomarine hosts a series of week-long Summer Camps for younger visitors from age 6 to 15 years. Fun activities with a strong educational and environmental message make these camps very popular.
Find out more about Zoomarine Camps
Zoomarine is a super venue for a kids' party too with lots of fun and entertainment to keep the kids happy.
Zoomarine - Oceans of Fun
- Dolphin presentation - Dream and Fantasy
- Birds of Prey presentation - Wings of the World
- Seal and Sea lion presention
- Tropical birds presentation - Flying Colours
- Priate Bay - fun, acrobatics with pirate heroes
- Butterfly Garden
- Zoomarine Beach, Wave pool and water slides
- Carrousels and rides
- Jurassic River - rapid river ride with interactive Dinosaurs!
- Manta Ray ride
- Farol free fall
Contact ZoomarineMake Enquiry
Estrada Nacional 125, km 65, Guia, AlbufeiraView Larger Map
Best For Whom
- Families With Teenagers
- Families With Children
- All Ages
- Leisure Travellers
Best For What
- Lively Atmosphere