My Guide Website?
Pet sitting and house sitting in the Algarve
If living in the Algarve as an expat with pets, the question becomes how to care for those pets when you go away to visit somewhere else on holiday. Pet sitting in the Algarve can be a challenge if you are new and away from your usual networks of family and friends. This is where HouseSit Match can help.
HouseSit Match allows home and pet owners to find sitters who are looking to visit their area. The sitters travel to your property and stay, minding the house and your pets. The sitters benefit from free accommodation in the destination they wished to visit, the owners benefit from sitters who are checked by a reputable managed network and free pet care. It's an exchange of services where everybody wins.
To ensure that each experience is as positive as possible HouseSit Match ID checks all new members on registration, and Police checks all sitters. Reviews of completed housesitting and petsitting assignments are visible against each profile. Most sitters registered with HouseSit Match are experienced sitters, often retired or semi-retired people, who have found a great way to combine their love of travel with a love of pets.
As a home and pet owner, by registering with HouseSit Match you have access to approved house and pet sitters. You can check their profiles and reviews of their services and find the best match for you.
The membership fees for owners and sitters are set at a low-level entry for trial membership. Two levels are available:
Standard membership £49 / Eur 65 per year
Premium membership £79 / Eur 95 per year
HouseSit Match Top Tips for Pet Sitting in the Algarve
For home and pet owners –
- Ensure you join a reputable network – check for reviews online
- Check formal ID checks are undertaken to validate each account.
- Review sitter profiles to ensure they have experience with your kind of pet, or a love of pets
- If you are working with a housesitting network for the first time prepare references
- In your profile be descriptive about your experience of pet care and property maintenance
- Describe your motivation for house and petsitting (e.g. discovering a new region in Portugal)
Entrusting your pets and your home to people you do not know personally can be daunting. For extra peace of mind, check HouseSit Match reviews on Trust Pilot.