My Guide Website?
Portimão: Silves & Arade River History Tour on a Solar Boat94 Reviews
Explore the beautiful Arade River on an amazing eco-friendly solar-powered boat. Go on a journey full of history from Portimão to Silves, with about 1:30h to explore the lovely medieval city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Algarve: Jeep Safari with Distillery Visit & Lunch
- Krazy World Interactive Zoo & Park Entrance
- Algarve: Full-Day Guided Sightseeing Tour with Lunch
- Albufeira: 2.5-Hour Benagil Caves & Dolphin Watching
- Albufeira: Full Day Off-Road Buggy Tour with Lunch & Guide
- Treat yourself to a day on the water and discover the historical Arade River
- Take a comfortable and relaxing eco-friendly and pollution-free boat trip
- Enjoy a refreshing glass of wine or the local mountain water on board
- Learn about the history of the Arade as narrated by your onboard crew
- Observe and listen to the birds and nature on a noiseless solar boat
DescriptionCome and explore the beautiful Arade River and experience a journey between Portimão and Silves, where the future meets the past. You will have about 1.5 hours to visit this wonderful medieval city (the wonderful moorish castle, the cathedral, the museum) or have a taste of its excellent gastronomy. Throughout your tour, you will enjoy an unforgettable and unique experience aboard a solar-powered boat. You will travel on a boat so silent that all you will be able to ear yourself glide though the water, with no noise, gas spills or exhaust fumes. Combining comfort and fun, this tour is great for couples, families, and groups. The Arade River has since ever been of great importance in connecting Silves (the Islamic capital of the Algarve between the 8th and 13th centuries) to the sea. For centuries, the Arade was the scenery of important merchant trades, and was sailed by many cultures including the Phoenicians, Romans, Vikings, and Moors, among others. Ships came to carry minerals, cork, wood, fruits (figs, oranges almonds, carob) fish, salt, among other various riches of this region.
IncludesGuided tour Eco-friendly boat cruise 1 glass of wine or water
- • The total trip duration is 4.5 hours • Please bring comfortable shoes
- Sunscreen is essential during summer
- Hats are optional but recommended
- This trip can only be made on certain days of the month due to tide restrictions
- Please book your trip as early as possible to guarantee a place