My Guide Website?
Faro: Eco-Friendly Ria Formosa Bird Watching in Solar Boat159 Reviews
See, hear, and feel nature on board a solar-powered boat. Be in harmony with this stunning environment as you approach the hundreds of migratory birds that visit the Ria Formosa each year.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the saltwater canals where birds feed
- Admire the dozens of bird nests from birds that nest in the Ria Formosa National Park
- Learn all about this wonderful ecosystem
- Feel part of the move to a cleaner planet aboard a solar-powered vessel
DescriptionRia Formosa is a place of extreme nature, with an environment that is always different at every hour of the day. This is due largely to the fact that the sea level rises and falls about 3 meters every 6 hours. Whilst there, you will discover a complete self-regenerating ecosystem, which allows a part of the local population to develop fishing and shellfish production. This provides all of the ingredients for the varied diets of the migratory birds that continue returning to this area year after year. Watch the hunting of predatory birds, or enter into a maze of canals where the only thing that you will hear is the sound of the birds calling and their interactions with one another. At the conclusion of your tour, you will return by boat to your tour's point of origin.
IncludesBinoculars and guides with local fauna and flora information Experienced skipper and local guide on board
- This tour can be canceled in the event of unfavorable weather conditions (you will be notified in advance if this is the case)