My Guide Website?
Algarve Dolphin Watching & Marine Life Eco Tour30 Reviews
Discover the marine life of the Algarve Coast on a boat trip in the company of a marine biologist. Spot dolphins, sea turtle and more, and learn about aquatic life in their natural habitat.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See common and bottlenose dolphins
- Look out for minke wales and harbor porpoise
DescriptionSpotting dolphins in their natural habitat is an extraordinary experience and on this 2.5-hour excursion off the coast of the Algarve you will get the chance to see common and bottlenose dolphins, as well as the other marine life that live and play around the barrier islands of Ria Formosa and Santa Maria Cape, Europe’s most southerly point. The vendor is a dedicated supporter of marine life conservation and an ecotourism provider. Departing Faro you will travel aboard a comfortable and safe RIB boat with a nature guide in tow, who will give you fascinating facts about the extraordinary sea life of this lovely location. The boat trip is approximately 2.5 hours long and cruises through the calm waters of the Ria Formosa towards the big blue ocean, reaching 10 or 12 miles offshore. You will sail along the coastline of the Algarve, pass by the barrier-islands of Ria Formosa and Santa Maria Cape looking out for several species of cetaceans. Seabirds will be your constant companions, including Northern Gannet, Balearic Shearwater, Mediterranean Gull and several species of Storm Petrels. Seagulls will duck and dive around the fishing boats. Look out for other marine wildlife, such as sea turtles, Ocean Sunfish, sharks, and even the occasional Harbor Porpoise or Minke Whale. After the exciting water adventure tracking the intense marine life, you will return to Ria Formosa where the tour ends.
IncludesBoat trip Life vests Local guide Live commentary on board
- Please bring, Camera, Comfortable, and suitable clothing
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to safety reasons children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour
- The tour operator can not fully guarantee the observation of marine wildlife because they are in their natural habitat, encounters with dolphins and other marine animals may not be possible during the tour
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond control