My Guide Website?
São Miguel Island: Guided Hiking Tour via Salto do Prego
Discover the natural beauty of São Miguel Island on a guided hike day trip with pickup and drop-off. Walk from the parish of Faial da Terra via the Salto do Prego waterfall, ending in Sanguinho.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover impressive places, wonderful panoramas and a little of the local fauna, flora and geology;
- Suitable for (almost) all ages, families and friends;
- Inclusion of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation;
- Reasonable physical condition required.
- NOTE: At your request, we can include geocaching or a treasure hunting game.
DescriptionSALTO DO PREGO – SANGUINHO: In this tour, which begins in the parish of Faial da Terra, we will walk side by side with a beautiful river that will guide us through sensational orchards, wooden bridges, forests, and typical houses/roads, until we reach the magical waterfall of Salto do Prego – whose crystal waters you will have the opportunity to try. On the way back, we will cross the old abandoned village of Sanguinho, which has been gradually recovering its charm and liveliness. Then, we will make a brief stop at the formidable viewpoint of Pico dos Bodes, after which we invite you to: enjoy a refreshing dive in Povoação / Ribeira Quente, OR take a cozy bath in the Thermal Springs of Furnas, OR enjoy the rest of the time to wander. NOTE: The trail can be quite steep and slippery in some areas.
IncludesAccredited guides; Insurances; Photos / Videos; Picnic Lunch; Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your place of accommodation; Trekking poles.
- Reasonable physical condition is required
- This trail can be quite muddy and slippery in some areas