My Guide Website?
São Miguel: 2-Day Sightseeing Tour Including Lunches12 Reviews
Explore São Miguel island in a 2-Day tour through history and lush nature to be amazed by the unparalleled beauty of our landscapes with a local storyteller to discover why this place is so special.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the last 100% natural tea plantation on planet
- Get to know the Azorean gastronomy through the 'Cozido das Furnas'
- In Sete Cidades, enjoy a Buffet lunch with several local dishes
- Personalize your tour with a thermal bath, to the Terra Nostra botanical garden
- Surprise yourself with the unparalleled beauty of our Top landscapes
DescriptionYour multi day tour will start by the West or East excursion according to the availability, you will informed about before the tour starts. • São Miguel West & highlights Tour (Sete Cidades & Lagoa do Fogo) On the Western side Tour, we start by visiting a pineapple plantation in Ponta Delgada followed by the Pico do Carvão and Vista do Rei viewpoints. From this spot, you will admire all the beauty of the blue and green lagoon with the picturesque parish of Sete Cidades on its edge. Descending inside the volcano, stop at the Cerrado das Freiras viewpoint and then at the Sete Cidades parish for a regional lunch and to visit the main church of São Nicolau. After lunch we leave towards the viewpoint of Escalvado overlooking the ocean, Ponta da Ferraria and Mosteiros Islets. Departure to the Ribeira Grande city on the north coast to explore the historical center and the Jardim do Paraíso. Stop at the Mulher de Capote liqueur store for a tasting of traditional liqueurs, they are free and you can buy a nice souvenir. Up to the Fogo volcano with a stop at the Lagoa do Fogo and Pico da Barrosa viewpoints. The last one offers wonderful views over the lagoon and the whole western part of the island. Return to the starting point. • São Miguel East & Highlights Tour (Furnas & Nordeste) We start the tour to the East side stopping at the first island capital, Vila Franca do Campo, where you can enjoy a small walk along the marina or do a coffee breack and try a typical conventual sweet, the 'Queijada da Vila' before heading to Furnas volcano. On the Furnas volcano, one of the most visited attractions by travelers is the Terra Nostra botanical garden, home to one of the most beautiful thermal pools. Although this attraction is not included in our tour it remains an option and all travellers will have the opportunity to visit or have a thermal bath if they wish to include this attraction in their day tour. The admission can be acquired at the ticket office costing 10€ per person. Lunch will consist of starters, Furnas stew (vegetarian option available), alcoholic drinks, juices, water, dessert and coffee or tea. After a lunch breack tasting this unique delicacy, visit and explore the exotic Furnas village where hot springs, gardens and boilers transport you into a magical volcanic world. Ascend to Pico do Ferro viewpoint for a privileged panoramic view over the entire volcano crater Head to Nordeste stopping at its ex-libris, the Ribeira dos Caldeires Natural Park inserted in a beautiful valley with 5 watermills and the famous waterfall 'Véu da Noiva'. Return by the north coast stopping at the tea factory where you will visit the last natural tea plantation in the world and do a tasting.
Includes100% Local Storyteller 2 Lunches (Traditional buffet & Furnas Stew) São Miguel island highlights Pineapple & tea plantation visit Hotel pickup and drop-off 1 Full day Tour to East (Furnas volcano & Nordeste including Tea Plantation) 1 Full day Tour to West (Sete Cidades & Lagoa do Fogo including Pineapple plantation )
- This tour runs for 2 consecutive days and can only take place on alternate days upon request and availability.
- You will have the possibility to visit or have a thermal experience on the East tour, entrance fees are not included and you should bring your own bathing suit and towel. (10€ per person)
- Some viewpoints are located in high areas and can be cooler in winter or sunny in summer. Bring a warm jacket or sunscreen, depending on the season.
- The clients pickup from hotels or accommodation situated in narrow streets in Ponta Delgada's downtown will be made at a pickup point as close as possible to their accommodation. Please contact us for your pickup point.