My Guide Website?
Portimão: Responsible Dolphin Watching with Biologist Guide
Embark on a Dolphin watching experience where the utmost respect for marine life is a priority. Learn about the vast biodiversity that inhabits the waters of the Algarve from a Biologist guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Algarve: Jeep Safari with Distillery Visit & Lunch
- Albufeira: Off-road Quad Bike Adventure
- Albufeira: MiniGolf Adventure Park Entry Ticket
- From Faro: 4 Stops, 3 Islands in Ria Formosa Catamaran Tour
- Portimão: Pirate Ship Cave Cruise
- Experience unforgettable moments with wild dolphins in their natural habitat
- Learn about the marine species sighted from a multilingual guide and biologists
- Contribute to a responsible dolphin watching activity fully licenced and trained
- Spot some incredible seabirds and other marine species
- Admire the beautiful Algarve coastline and take awesome pictures
DescriptionExperience an authentic and responsible cetacean watching boat tour. Departing from Portimão you will venture into the open sea in search of these highly intelligent ocean inhabitants and celebrate the wild nature that we all must preserve. The tour lasts approximately 1h45 depending on the distance of the animals and, the route we take, also depends on their location. On the way back, during Summer and if appropriate maritime weather conditions are met, enjoy swimming in the crystal-clear water at a tranquil bay. The most commonly observed species are: Common Dolphin (*Delphinus delphis*) - Conservation Status: Near Threatened* Bottlenose Dolphin (*Tursiops truncatus*) - Conservation Status: Least Concern* *Red List of Mammals of Continental Portugal, 2022 Enjoy an unforgettable, educational, and responsible experience with a captain with many years of experience at sea and biologists who share a profound love for nature and marine life. Education plays a vital role in conservation, which is why we strive to deepen our knowledge to provide valuable information about these animals, their behaviour, and the marine environment. Get ready to learn interests facts about the cetaceans species observed and their observed behaviour, which can be Socialization, Feeding, Moving, or Resting. Algarve waters teem with biodiversity, and therefore other marine species such as incredible seabirds and jellyfish will also be spotted. (Sharks, whales, and turtles are very rare to sight but possible). Be an adventurous spirit and come prepared for a marine adventure! Bring weather-appropriate clothing as sea conditions can vary considerably from day to day and be open to an uncertain, unpredictable, and unique experience: The magic of observing dolphins and other marine creatures in their natural environment is thrilling and indescribable. However, it's important to understand that these encounters are with unpredictable wild animals that roam freely in the Atlantic Ocean. And it happens in the wild nature, where sea conditions, weather, and other natural factors cannot be controlled and can affect visibility and the likelihood of sightings. Sometimes, dolphins may be farther away, less active, or unsocial, but with great team effort and experience we have a 98% success rate in sightings. Responsible dolphin observation is an ethical and careful approach to interacting with dolphins and other cetaceans in their natural environment. It aims to ensure that animals and the marine ecosystem are not harmed by the presence of boats or tourists. By following local legislation and a code of conduct, we ensure that our presence has the least possible impact, preserving the well-being of dolphins and the integrity of the marine ecosystem, promoting harmonious coexistence between humans and marine life while contributing to their long-term protection.
IncludesFree car park at the meeting point WC Toilet at the boarding gate Tour guide - English, Portuguese, Spanish and French speaking Safety briefing Experienced captain Life jackets Insurance Bottled water Biologist on board Dolphin search
- Tour conditioned by the state of the sea & the restrictions imposed by the Port Captain of Portimão on the same day, with no possibility of advance prediction. If safety conditions are not assured, the tour will be cancelled & rescheduled, or a full refund provided. We are fully licensed (AOC/27/2023) and trained for a responsible Cetaceans observation. We follow local legislation & code of conduct to ensure that our activity has the least possible impact, preserving the well-being of dolphins and the integrity of the ecosystem. Wild dolphin can't be summoned or controlled in nature, but we have 98% success rate in sightings. Pet Friendly - Our mascot comes on board on most tours. If you have any objections, or want to bring a pet, please contact us. We have a brand-new typical rescue boat adapted for tourism with exceptional safety conditions, being unsinkable due to its air chambers. With capacity for 20 people, we limit it to only 16 to ensure a more family-friendly environment.