My Guide Website?
Portimão: Dolphin Spotting & Benagil Caves Guided Boat Tour76 Reviews
Experience 2 activities in 1 on this Benagil caves tour. See rock formations along the Algarve coast from your boat, try and spot dolphins and birds in their natural habitat, and stop off for a swim.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about the marine species sighted, from a guide app and multilingual guide
- Venture out into open sea and keep eyes peeled searching for cetaceans
- Experience an unforgettable moment as dolphins may play and swim around the boat
- Travel into the heart of Benagil Cave and many other stunning rock formations
- Enjoy swimming in the blue sea and crystalline water at a tranquil bay
DescriptionEnjoy a 2 in 1 boat tour departing from Portimão and lasting up to 2.5 hours. Explore the Algarve coastline and the mesmerizing rock formations, desert beaches and enter the famous Benagil cave. Feel the excitement as you cruise through open waters, searching for dolphins in their natural habitat! You'll have the opportunity to explore up to 5-6 caves (depending on tide levels) that dot the coastline, including the breathtaking Benagil Cave. The experienced and multilingual crew will ensure your safety and provide you with fascinating insights into the history, secrets and geology of the stunning rock formations along the way. As you venture out into the open sea, keep your eyes peeled for the dolphins as they may play and swim around the boat. Although this tour depends on Nature, it is a team effort with other companies equally accredited by the ICNF (Institute for the Conservation of Nature and Forests), thus maximizing the possibilities of sighting. The most sighted species are the 'Common Dolphin' (Delphinus delphis) and the 'Bottlenose Dolphin' (Tursiops truncatus). The live guide will interpret the species observed and their behavior and you can even open a species guide on your phone. For Bird enthusiasts, you can observe various species such as the “Northern Gannet” (Morus bassanus), “European Shag” (Phalacrocorax aristotelis) and the “Peregrine Falcon” (Falco peregrinus). Before returning to Portimão, you can jump off the boat and swim at a beautiful and tranquil bay, which is chosen on the day based on the sea and weather conditions. Get ready for an experience of a life time and unforgetable memories!
IncludesExperienced Captain Tour Guide - English, Portuguese, Spanish and French speaking Life jackets Insurance Bottled Water Dolphins Search Benagil Cave & other caves along the way Praia da Marinha Stop for Swimming
- The tour is pet-friendly
- The tour takes place on a brand-new vessel, a typical rescue boat adapted for tourism with a capacity for 20 people. It guarantees exceptional safety conditions, being unsinkable due to the air chambers around it. But to provide a more comfortable journey and a more relaxed and familiar environment, it is limited to just 16 passengers
- Regular engine services and maintenance are carried out in order to minimize the impact of this activity on the environment