My Guide Website?
From Portimão: Benagil Sea Caves Boat Tour at Sunrise782 Reviews
Head out to sea on a guided sunrise tour of the Benagil Caves from Portimão. Enjoy views of the coast, keep an eye out for dolphins, and stop at Praia da Corredoura on your journey back to Portimão.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire views of the Algarve coast on a speed boat tour
- Visit the famous Benagil Caves, one of the world's most beautiful caves
- Go for a refreshing dip in the sea if conditions allow it
- Best sea conditions
- Caves not crowded
DescriptionSunrise slot is the best overall to do a caves tour of the day, the caves are deserted and you will feel it and enjoy a special atmosphere with this tour. Don't miss out on a must-do Benagil Caves tour. Meet your guide at the pier in Portimao and listen to a short safety briefing. Then, board the RIB speed boat to start the journey out to sea. On your way, the guide will tell you stories about the Arade River and the Algarve region. Admire views of the Fort of Santa Catarina, the Ferragudo castle, and a quaint fishing village along the coast. See many dramatic caves and cliffs as you travel along the coast. Keep a lookout, as dolphins can often be seen navigating the waters here. If they are spotted and are less than 3 miles away, the boat will head in their direction so you can get a closer look at these playful mammals. Then, head inside the famous Benagil Caves, which are only reachable by boat. Marvel at the naturally-formed holes at the top, which let the sunlight filter down to the sandy beach below in a beautiful display. Listen to the echoes and the sound of the wind and let yourself be moved by these impressive natural surroundings. On the way back to the marina, the boat will make a brief swimming stop with views of the beautiful beach at Corredoura. Allocation of reserves is automatic. If you make individual reservations but are part of a group, let us know which reservations belong to your group.
IncludesSunrise boat tour Life jackets Experienced captain Guide
- Purposely and improperly bursting the lifejackets will incur an additional cost of €70 per life jacket, paid at the boarding point
- It is forbidden to swim at the Benagil Caves; therefore, participants are not allowed to get out of the boat within the caves
- In case of bad weather or sea conditions, the boat may not be able to enter the Benagil Caves. If this is the case, you will be able to reschedule your tour for free
- The swimming stop is subject to weather and sea conditions
- Sightings of dolphins cannot be guaranteed
- French and English tours will be monolingual whilst Spanish and Portuguese tours will be bilingual
- Tours may be bilingual if the minimum number of participants required for one language is not reached • The exact order of the itinerary is subject to the dolphin sightings
- Reservations are allocated automatically. If you make individual reservations but are part of a group, please let us know which reservations belong to your group