My Guide Website?
From Olhão: Ria Formosa & Culatra Island 3.5-Hour Boat Trip18 Reviews
Enjoy a relaxing 3.5-hour boat trip through the beautiful Ria Formosa Nature Park from the marina of Olhão, and discover the region's impressive biodiversity as you cruise through its stunning coastal lagoons and visit the fascinating Culatra Island.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a wonderful and relaxing boat trip in the Ria Formosa
- Discover the lagoon in a very comfortable boat with sun shade
- Explore the paradise of the eastern Algarve
- Get a great insight into the history and natural ecosystem of the Ria Formosa
DescriptionEmbark on a beautiful and relaxing 3.5-hour boat trip from the city of Olhão through the stunning scenery of Ria Formosa Nature Park. Depart from Olhão marina and cruise down the calm waters in a comfortable boat with sun shade. Float through the stunning coastal lagoons and listen to your knowledgeable skipper as they provide insight into the history of the city of Olhão and the natural ecosystem of the Ria Formosa. Float past Aromona Island, observing the typical vegetation of this beautiful marshland area, classified as one of the most important wetland for birds in all of Portugal, and then continue the boat trip to Culatra Island, one of the most important fishing communities in the Eastern Algarve. Marvel at the oyster pickers and shellfish farmers working on the tidal flats of the lagoon and enjoy a short stop in the village to listen to the wonderful tales of the locals. During the summer months, you may even refresh yourself on a wonderful sand bank before slowly cruising back to the city Olhão, enjoying spectacular views of the approaching city on the way.
Includes3.5-hour boat trip Life vests Local guide Live commentary on board Small-group tour Maps and field guides
- Wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes suitable for a boat trip
- Please wear weather-appropriate clothing. Bring a windbreaker and a waterproof coat during the autumn and winter months, and a bathing suit and a towel during the spring and summer months.
- Bring a rucksack or backpack to carry a small snack, sunglasses, hat, camera, and a good sun cream, as well as plenty of water to avoid dehydration
- The tour may be operated buy a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- The schedules of departure and arrivals, and the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond the local supplier's control