My Guide Website?
From Lagos: Private Guided Tour with Medronho Tasting2 Reviews
Spend a morning exploring the western Algarve on a private guided tour from Monchique. Drive through picturesque landscapes and visit a distillery to sample the traditional Portuguese fruit brandy medronho.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at panoramic views of the Algarve region from the Miradouro da Fóia
- Sip water from a natural spring and discover the beauty of the western Algarve
- Visit a distillery and get to know the producers behind the famous liquors
- Sample a traditional Portuguese fruit brandy, sweet honey liqueur, and more
- Learn about how these drinks are produced and purchase some to take home
DescriptionJoin a private tour from Monchique and discover the natural beauty of the western Algarve with a professional guide. Visit Caldas de Monchique, stop at the highest point in the Algarve, and visit a distillery to taste traditional medronho liqueur. Start your tour with a convenient pickup from your accommodation and head to your first stop, Caldas de Monchique, located in a beautiful valley of the Serra de Monchique. Follow your guide to a natural spring and taste the water that the Romans once used as medicine. Then, hop back into your van and make your way to the distillery. Meet the producer and learn how the famous regional liqueur is made before getting the chance to sample medronho as well as the famous honey liqueur, melosa. From here, continue your journey through this picturesque region of Portugal, making a stop at the highest point in the Monchique Mountains, the Miradouro da Fóia. Take a moment to enjoy sweeping views of the region. Then, sit back and relax as you enjoy a comfortable ride back to your accommodation, where your tour comes to an end.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned van Guide Visit to a distillery Medronho tasting Bottled water
- You will be able to purchase medronho, melosa, and locally-produced honey to take home with you