My Guide Website?
Algarve : The hinterland in a Volvo XC90 SUV
Experience the exclusivity of a private half-day off-road tour in the heart of the hinterland. Enjoy the comfort of a Volvo off-road vehicle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Algarve:If youʻre booking your trip to Algarve last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Algarve: Jeep Safari with Distillery Visit & Lunch
- Catamaran Cruise: Caves and Coastline to Benagil
- Faro: Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip
- Loulé: TechSalt’s Rock-Salt Mine Tour
- Olhão: 4-Hour Ria Formosa Islands Tour
- Let us guide you to better understand life in the heart of the Algarve
- Admire landscapes only accessible by off-road vehicle
- Discover a wilderness untouched by tourism
DescriptionEnjoy a private excursion in the heart of the hinterland between the wild landscapes of the Barrocal and the authentic white villages. Meet at your accommodation (area including Vilamoura, Quarteira, Albufeira and Armação De Pêra) and in a friendly atmosphere we will head for Paderne which reflects the rural life of the Algarve with its bustle around the cafes to the quietness of its alleys. The Escape continues along a stream through a beautiful track that winds between orange and olive trees, you can admire a wild landscape. Before the ascent in Volvo XC90 Suv on the 'yellow rock' which offers beautiful views on the Barrocal, you will discover at the bend of the road small farms, typical houses and even an avocado plantation! You will visit an abandoned hamlet in the middle of the carob trees where time seems to have stopped, a true testimony of a bygone past which tells the story of the life of the farmers half a century ago in the Algarvian hinterland. If you had to choose an authentic village in the south of Portugal, it would undoubtedly be Alte with its whitewashed houses topped with old chimneys. You will discover during a walk these paved streets lined with small shops that lead to a river where a relaxing atmosphere reigns in a setting surrounded by lush vegetation. Depending on the season, you can enjoy a bathing pool with clear spring water or the bucolic waterfall below the village, a real invitation to swim. We will finish by a pretty road that crosses a village and winds through the countryside before taking a track among the cork oaks to reach the top of a hill where an old windmill dominates the surroundings. You will enjoy a moment of sharing around an aperitif with a 360° panorama on the Serra de Caldeirão. This experience is coming to an end, back to your place of stay with unforgettable memories of your holiday in Portugal.
IncludesComfortable, air-conditioned Volvo XC90 off-road vehicle Pick up and drop off at your hotel Exclusive experience and itinerary 2 local French speaking guides just for you A friendly aperitif with a panoramic view Immersion in the authentic hinterland Visit to the village of Alte and an abandoned hamlet Discovery of an old windmill
- The language used during the tour is French only. The pick-up area includes: Vilamoura, Quarteira, Albufeira and Armação de Pêra. Animals are not allowed, except with our agreement for small dogs. The itinerary planned for the experience may be modified due to bad weather conditions or unforeseeable events, but if a planned stage or activity cannot be carried out, you should know that a similar alternative will be proposed. During the aperitif, alcoholic drinks will be offered at your discretion.