Silves Medieval Fair 2018
One of the biggest and the best summer festivals in the AlgarveFri Aug 10th 2018 to Sun Aug 19th 2018 at 18:00
Algarve, Silves https://www.myguidealgarve.com/events/silves-medeival-fair-2018 VISIT WEBSITE
The annual Medieval Fair in the historical town of Silves is one of the biggest and the best summer festivals in the Algarve.
For 10 days in August, this colourful and vibrant festival takes over the historic town of Silves. It attracts visitors from all over the world who come to dress in Medieval costumes, eat and drink Medieval fare, cheer on jousting knights, dance to Medieval music and enjoy the magical atmosphere. The entertainment and activities centre around the spectacular Moorish Silves Castle, giving the event a true 12th Century feel.
- 6pm - Courting the Streets and Broadways of the Medina
- 6.30pm - Reading of the Sharia of the Day - Doors of the City
- 8pm - Weapons Tournament - Al-Mu'thamid Square
- 10.30pm - Show at the Castle - 'From Siege to Surrender '
- 10.30pm - Weapons Tournament - Al-Mu'thamid Square
Dine at 'A Mesa Real' Banquet
This year, you can dine at the 'A Mesa Real' Banquet, in Al-Mutamid Square. This banquet is usually reserved exclusively for guests of the local authority, but this year it's open to the public. The banquet menu features dishes that would have been served at a real Medieval banquet.
If you want to reseve a place at t'The Royal Table', you need to buy your ticket 24 hours in advance at one of the on site ticket offices or online at BOL. Banquest tickets cost €25 per person.
- Daily Entrance (with glass) - € 3.00
- Daily Entrance (without glass) - € 2.00
- Group entrance (without glass) - € 8.00
- Free access Bracelet (until August 9th) - € 3.00
- Free access Bracelet (after August 9th) - € 4.00
- Show at the Castle - € 5.00
- Weapons Tournament - € 5.00
- Costume rental (adult) - € 3.00
- Costume Hire (child) - € 2.00
- 'The Royal Table' (Banquet) - € 25.00
- Medieval Experience (adult) - € 60.00
- Medieval experience (child) - € 30.00
This is a great event for all the family - not to be missed!
Download the full programme
The Silves Medieval Fair is very popular so expect it to be quite busy. It gets particularly busy from 9pm onwards. Parking is on the outer streets of the town. Silves is a hilly town and the cobbled streets can be tricky underfoot – runners or low sandals are the best footwear. You can opt to eat before you visit, eat at one of the towns restaurants outside of the Medieval Fair or eat Medieval style at one of the many food stalls within the fair itself.
Silves Medieval Fair is open from 10th to 19th August 2018.
My Guide Website?